The University of Miami Miller School of Medicine-UHealth is home to some of the brightest minds in the world. Our Faculty teach students who represent the future of medicine. Our researchers are discovering breakthrough patient treatments. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and subspecialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year.
The Department of Radiology at the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine is seeking an Assistant/Associate Professor of Clinical Radiology in the Breast Imaging Section. This position requires a fellowship trained radiologist in Breast Imaging. The qualified candidate is expected to:
- Interpret breast imaging studies and perform interventional procedures related to breast imaging.
- Supervise performance of technical personnel.
- Exercise quality assurance as related to the practice of mammography.
- Provide breast imaging consultations as requested.
- Assume administrative responsibilities related to the practice of general mammography.
- Participate in teaching activities related to general radiology as required in:
- Diagnostic Radiology and Nuclear Medicine residency training programs
- Medical student education program
- Technological radiology educational programs
- Continuing medical education programs
- Participate in research activities as an investigator and mentor.
- Assume administrative responsibilities related to research and teaching activities.
- Serve on Departmental, University of Miami and Jackson Memorial Medical Center committees and provide service to the same in other manners as requested.
Applicants must have an M.D. from an accredited Medical School (or foreign equivalent), Florida Medical License or equivalent, and American Board of Radiology Certification. Rank and salary are commensurate with experience.
DO NOT APPLY ONLINE
Applicants must submit a C.V. and at least three (3) letters of reference to Position # 009181 to: Monica Yepes, Chief of Breast Imaging, email: MYepes@med.miami.edu.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the groundbreaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. University of Miami Hospital is the flagship facility of UHealth, which also includes the Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center and Bascom Palmer Eye Institute, along with dozens of outpatient facilities. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.