|Tell a Friend||Save to job cart||Apply online|
University of Miami is considered among the top tier institutions of
higher education in the U.S. for its academic excellence, superior
medical care, and cutting-edge research. At the U, we are committed to
attracting a talented workforce to support our common purpose of
transforming lives through teaching, research, and service. Through our
values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion,
Creativity and Teamwork (DIRECCT) we strive to create an environment
where everyone contributes in making UM a great place to work. We are
one of the largest private employers in Miami-Dade County; home to more
than 13,400 faculty and staff from all over the world.
The Administrative Assistant provides complete administrative and secretarial support to Director, Parent Relations and the Director of International Relations.
• Provide complete secretarial and administrative support to both the Director, Parent Relations and the Director of International Relations including composing and typing of all correspondence (i.e., memoranda, acknowledgement letters, reports), creating and maintaining filing system, answering incoming calls, scheduling appointments, making travel arrangements (including directions, confirmations, airline reservations, hotel, rental car). Proactively prepare follow-up material for donors.
• Coordinates campus visits for prospective students and families.
• Update Raiser’s Edge screens with information garnered regarding cultivation and solicitation calls for both Directors. Update Raiser’s Edge with biographic and prospect management information. Utilize Imaging system to provide gift documentation or biographic information on donors.
• Perform basic prospect research by summarizing and reviewing the information from the Raiser’s Edge system and the donor files. Research includes review of all related entities.
• Draft budgets, manage and reconcile expense accounts, prepare and track BERF’s, check requisitions, purchase orders, order office supplies. Use FRS and DMAS systems.
• Manage small events and/or meetings. Includes downloading information, preparing data files, making location and catering arrangements, sending invitations, tracking and reporting on RSVP’s, preparing handouts/presentations. Call to confirm attendance at events.
• Draft proposals and gift agreements for donors in compliance with University policies and procedures.
• Assist Directors with gathering and preparing information needed to develop yearly strategic development plans.
• Attend meetings of the Administrative Assistant’s group and appropriate training sessions.
• Other duties as assigned.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• A minimum of three years business office experience required at a senior level, which may include one year of supervisory experience.
• Excellent command of both the English and Spanish language, oral and written plus superior telephone skills.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access).
• Must have initiative mixed with good, sound judgment.
• Must be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously and work in a dynamic environment.
Apply online. Position #: P00014018.
The University of Miami is home to some of the brightest minds in the world. We are committed to educating and nurturing students, creating knowledge, and providing service to our community and beyond. The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical and dental benefits, tuition remission, vacation, paid holidays and much more. The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Come join us!
|The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.|
|Search again||View job cart|
University of Miami Job Agent
If you do not find a position that matches your experience, please fill out our Job Agent profile. If we post a position matching your skills you can be notified immediately via email. Click here to register. If you have already registered, please log in below.