|Tell a Friend||Save to job cart||Apply online|
The University of Miami is committed to educating and nurturing students, creating knowledge, and providing service to our community and beyond. We are leaders in the area of education, scholarship, intercollegiate athletics and service. Come join our team!
ASSOCIATE DEAN FOR RESEARCH
The School of Nursing and Health Studies (SONHS) at the University of Miami seeks an energetic, dynamic and nationally-recognized academic leader with a well-established program of research to advance its strategic vision as Associate Dean for Research. This senior faculty position will be charged with leading and overseeing the ongoing development of the SONHS’ extensive research portfolio, including identifying new areas of research, mentoring early-career and mid-career faculty, and pursuing research funding opportunities.
The 2017 U.S. News & World Report’s “Best Graduate Schools” ranks the SONHS’ master’s programs 40th out of 259 schools; the Doctorate in Nursing Practice program was 38th in the first-ever rankings of D.N.P. programs. Among schools of nursing, the SONHS’ scientific portfolio is ranked first in Florida and 22nd in the nation for NIH funding. Cutting-edge research conducted by some of the world’s top healthcare scientists focuses on topics such as health disparities, cultural competence in healthcare, HIV and other STIs, substance abuse, family and intimate partner violence, mental health, and patient safety, with a focus on nursing education and nursing workforce issues. The SONHS’ 5-story, 41,000 square-foot, cutting-edge Simulation Hospital, set to open in May of 2017, will replicate the true flow of activities in a clinical practice and hospital and will be a global destination center for simulation-based education, research and service; this facility will be a resource for expansion of healthcare education and research initiatives.
The Associate Dean for Research will report directly to the Dean of the School of Nursing and Health Studies and will be responsible for meeting significant goals, including:
• Providing visionary leadership to faculty, students and staff in all research activities to advance the SONHS’ reputation as a global leader in nursing and health studies education, research and service
• Leading the development and implementation of innovative research programs
• Fostering inter-professional research initiatives with academic, clinical and community partners
• Promoting international research training and exchange programs to disseminate the SONHS’ work on a global scale and to learn from research being conducted in other countries
• Mentoring and collaborating with faculty and graduate students to develop and expand the SONHS’ portfolio of funded research
• Working closely with the School’s leadership team (Dean, Associate Deans, Operations Director) to strengthen and expand the SONHS’ existing research infrastructure
• Developing and implementing standards and procedures for evaluating the efficacy and outcomes of all research activities across all nursing and health sciences disciplines
• Developing and achieving measurable goals to advance the School’s reputation for innovation, excellence, and quality
• Identifying and pursuing funding opportunities to support research activities (e.g., NIH, SAMHSA, foundations, other philanthropic entities)
The successful candidate will demonstrate many of the following capabilities and attributes:
• Doctoral degree in nursing, health studies, or related field
• Established, focused and ongoing program of research
• Proven ability to attract, develop, and sustain extramural funded programs
• Demonstrated excellence as exemplified through recognition as a renowned academic
• Excellent interpersonal, inter-professional, communication and team-building skills
• Demonstrated track record of mentoring faculty and students
• Ability to collaborate and to build partnerships with the University and diverse local communities
• Visionary approach to research that addresses needs from the local community to the global arena
• Innovative and strategic thinker who is able to tackle complex academic and institutional challenges
• Strong commitment to enhancing the diversity among students, faculty, and staff
• Skills and commitment to foster innovation, excellence and quality in all activities
• Administrative skills to manage research budgets, staff and operations
To apply: Please DO NOT APPLY ON-LINE for position # 002396. Candidates must submit letter of interest, curriculum vitae, copies of 3 recent publications, and contact information for 3 professional references. All materials should be sent to: Attn: Search Committee, Ms. Zuzer Calero, School of Nursing & Health Studies, PO Box 248153, Coral Gables, Florida 33124-3850. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law.
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical and dental benefits, tuition remission, vacation, paid holidays and much more. The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
|The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.|
|Search again||View job cart|
University of Miami Job Agent
If you do not find a position that matches your experience, please fill out our Job Agent profile. If we post a position matching your skills you can be notified immediately via email. Click here to register. If you have already registered, please log in below.
Administrative Assistant (Temporary Position) (Development & Special Events 1 -TMP)
Sr. Enrollment Analyst, CRM (Enrollment Management - EMSA 2 -STA)
Facilities CAREER FAIR 2/23/17 @10 am (Facilities Management - Coral Gables Campus)