|Tell a Friend||Save to job cart||Apply online|
The University of Miami is committed to educating and nurturing students, creating knowledge, and providing service to our community and beyond. We are leaders in the area of education, scholarship, intercollegiate athletics and service. Come join our team!
Work Location: Coral Gables
Act as an individual contributor using independent discretion and judgment. May supervise administrative functions.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Primarily exercises discretion and independent judgment in daily activities.
• Complete special assignments requiring collecting, organizing, and analyzing data which may be the basis for significant decisions.
• Assist in preparing budgets, provides advice regarding budget projects, and monitor expenses.
• Prepare reports which summarize financial and statistical information related to work unit’s budget, accounts, activities, program clientele and operations.
• Advise management of unusual trends, funding levels and expenditures, assist with budget development by compiling information to support projected expenditures in specific areas such as operating costs or travel costs.
• May act as the lead for a unit of lower level administrative support personnel, plans, organizes and oversees the activities and operations of the office unit.
• May establish and implement procedures.
• Perform complex assignments and resolve issues and problems referred by staff or the supervisor.
• Train and assist in the evaluation of performance of assigned personnel.
• Ensure completed work products meet required timelines and standards of quality and quantity.
• Have signing authority and make purchasing decisions.
• Resolve unique situations where each contact must be handled differently using judgment discretion.
• Maintain calendar, types, provide routine and general clerical support.
• Answer telephones, take messages, answer routine questions, and transfer calls to appropriate individuals.
• Greet visitors and caller, handle their inquiries, and direct them to the appropriate persons according to their needs.
• Order office supplies.
• Compose correspondence or select standardized formats.
• Prepare financial forms (IDRs, BEFs, Pos, work orders, check requisitions, etc for department).
• Other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalent; Bachelor’s degree preferred; and a minimum of 5 years of progressive related experience. Equivalent combinations of education/experience may be considered. Knowledge of routine office practices and procedures. Knowledge of simple data processing and transmission principles. Ability to utilize computerized information systems. Ability to read and decipher data on source documents to be entered. Ability to enter and verify information with accuracy and a reasonable rate of speed. Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions. Skill in data entry or typing. Review of resumes will continue until a successful candidate has been identified. Position 046944.
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical and dental benefits, tuition remission, vacation, paid holidays and much more. The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
|The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.|
|Search again||View job cart|
University of Miami Job Agent
If you do not find a position that matches your experience, please fill out our Job Agent profile. If we post a position matching your skills you can be notified immediately via email. Click here to register. If you have already registered, please log in below.