The University of Miami is committed to educating and nurturing students, creating knowledge, and providing service to our community and beyond. We are leaders in the area of education, scholarship, intercollegiate athletics and service. Come join our team!
Work Location: Coral Gables Campus
Reporting to the Associate Director of Marketing, the Communications Manager in the Office of Market Research and Communications is responsible for managing the daily operations of the Division of Enrollment Management’s websites and other multimedia. The Communications Manager takes initiative and works both independently and closely with the market research and communications team to design, create, edit, and manage the Division’s webpages and adhere to university style guidelines. Candidates must be proficient in HTML, Adobe Dreamweaver, Photoshop/Fireworks, Flash, Google Analytics or similar web analytics software, and understand the role of the web and other multimedia for marketing higher education. Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Digital Media, or related field and three years minimum experience in managing third-party web content and creating high quality multimedia materials is required.
• Design, create, edit, and manage the design and content for website and digital communications for the Division of Enrollment Management
• Based on market research, develop and manage communication strategies for the website and keep up with current market trends; present website design and content recommendations to the Division’s leadership
• Work with the market research team to review web analytics and usage patterns to ensure navigation efficiency for all divisional web pages; make recommendations for improvements to the Division’s leadership
• Enforce the university’s web style guide to ensure both design and content is consistent and accurate with other types of communications and ensure the highest quality; make recommendations to enhance and strengthen website design and content.
• Create efficient, accurate and customer-friendly training and support for administrators needing to communicate messages electronically
• Balance and moderate web and digital communications assignments and work flow among other staff and assigned to Market Research and Communications
• Serve as the primary liaison between the department and University Communications and Information Technology.
• Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Digital Media, or related field.
• 3 years of experience in managing third-party web content and creating high quality multimedia materials.
• Must have experience with web content management system.
• Must be proficient in HTML, Adobe Dreamweaver, Photoshop/Fireworks and/or Flash. Should also be proficient with Google Analytics or similar web analytics. Knowledge of or experience with CRM systems and online forms a plus. Position #005395
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical and dental benefits, tuition remission, vacation, paid holidays and much more. The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.