The University of Miami is committed to educating and nurturing students, creating knowledge, and providing service to our community and beyond. We are leaders in the area of education, scholarship, intercollegiate athletics and service. Come join our team!
Work Location: Coral Gables Campus
Hourly rate: $14.50
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for program coordination for the Annual Fund with primary responsibility to the direct mail/e-solicitation/web/online giving programs. Provides direct customer service for alumni and parents in regards to the Annual Fund.
• Assists in the coordination of a highly segmented, multi-channeled, direct mail/email/web solicitation program for the Alumni and Parents Annual Fund and other special fund raising appeals. Assists with the analysis, preparation and production of reports which drive the programs. Assists with the development of solicitations, including retrieving databases from RE, implementation of appeal/method codes, developing multi-media solicitation packages, and proofing and editing of materials. Works with outside direct marketing vendors and University Communications with the implementation of University of Miami’s Annual Fund solicitations and programs. Manages the direct mail calendar made available to Advancement Division.
• Provides direct customer service for alumni and parents by analyzing and solving problems pertaining to donor giving records for the Annual Fund.
• Analyzes and evaluates matching gift reports to determine appropriate actions which includes completing monthly correspondence to donors, updating donor information in RE as needed and edits Matching Gift page on website. Review results against goals, provides periodic status reports to schools and colleges, make recommendations on program enhancement.
• Manages the Newman Alumni Center Paver Program from the sale of the paver to a donor through to paver installation. Responsible for accurately and effectively managing and maintaining the Paver Program database to track who has purchased pavers, that personalized inscriptions reflect the donors intent, and the location of individual pavers. Works with an outside vendor to coordinate production and installation of the pavers.
• Provides limited, tertiary support to the Regional Development Program, assisting Regional Development Directors with scheduling face-to-face appointments with pre-specified prospects utilizing telephone and email.
High school diploma or equivalent and a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience. Equivalent combinations of education/experience may be considered. Proficient of Access, Excel and Word required. Appropriate proficiency in learning the RE system during the probationary period required. Previous experience in data base management, direct mail fulfillment, supervising staff (including students) and working with volunteer based support groups and special events coordination are required. Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills are necessary, with a philosophy of teamwork and hands on implementation. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required and the ability to interact with all types of individuals. Ability to effectively proof read and edit marketing materials is needed. A minimum of 40 hours including evenings and weekends as required. Schedule may be subject to change. Review of resumes will continue until a successful candidate has been identified. Position 510017
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.