|Tell a Friend||Save to job cart||Apply online|
The University of Miami is committed to educating and nurturing students, creating knowledge, and providing service to our community and beyond. We are leaders in the area of education, scholarship, intercollegiate athletics and service. Come join our team!
Work Location: Coral Gables Campus
Starting Hourly Rate $20.54
The University of Miami is now accepting applications for the position of full-time Police Officer. All applicants must have active FDLE certification and 54 college credits (or 3 years military service/law enforcement experience), be a U.S. citizen, and must pass a thorough background investigation.
• $2K retention bonus upon Field Training completion
• $1168 monthly retirement annuity beginning one year following Field Training completion
• Longevity increase (Lump sum payment of 5% of annual base salary paid after 5 years of service and after 10 years of service, effective upon anniversary of FTO completion)
• University-contributed retirement plan (5% of pay) and matching of employee contributions (up to an additional 5%)
• Annual performance-based merit increase
• UM tuition remission for employee & dependents
• Group Medical & Dental insurance
• Educational incentive
• Special Unit pay
• Shift Differential pay
• Other UM employee benefits
The incumbent is classed as an A03 police officer which, as assigned, may serve as a uniformed patrol officer; detective; community police officer/’Canes Resource Officer; or directed patrol officer. A police officer has the primary responsibility to provide protective and law enforcement services on the university campus. In addition the university police officer has responsibilities to provide special services to the university community consistent with the mission of the University and the department.
Requirements: Valid Driver's License; possession of valid Florida driver's license within one month of appointment; certification as a law enforcement officer in the State of Florida. Position #007108
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical and dental benefits, tuition remission, vacation, paid holidays and much more. The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
|Search again||View job cart|
University of Miami Job Agent
If you do not find a position that matches your experience, please fill out our Job Agent profile. If we post a position matching your skills you can be notified immediately via email. Click here to register. If you have already registered, please log in below.
Senior Space Planner (OFFICE OF THE DEAN: DEANS OFFICE)
Veterinary Technician (OFFICE OF THE VICE PROVOST FOR RESEARCH: DIVISION OF VETERINARY RESOURCES)
Director, Project Management (SCHOOL OF NURSING AND HEALTH STUDIES)