|Tell a Friend||Save to job cart||Apply online|
The University of Miami is committed to educating and nurturing students, creating knowledge, and providing service to our community and beyond. We are leaders in the area of education, scholarship, intercollegiate athletics and service. Come join our team!
Work Location: Coral Gables Campus
The Manager, Business Intelligence (the Manager) will provide secure, user-friendly access to business applications to support decision making to the leadership of the Office of the Provost and proactively identify and meet information needs. This individual will be required to use a structured approach to design and implement solutions to information needs within the framework of the business intelligence system. An attention to detail and insistence on the accuracy, timeliness, reliability, and usefulness of financial and operating information will be important characteristics.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Implement and manage the Hyperion Performance Management application at the center of the business intelligence systems.
• Design, develop, deploy, and maintain the internal data sources to, and outcomes from, Hyperion.
• Design, develop, deploy and maintain secure applications to access Hyperion using Web browsers, e-mail and office tools such as MS Access and Excel.
• Using existing data systems facilitate application analysis and data modeling design; provide query and reporting analysis tools.
• Facilitate data sharing among departments and systems; standardize data collection, develop methods for database design and report validation; assess credibility, reliability and accuracy of data sources.
• Import, clean, transform, validates and/or models data with the purpose of understanding or making conclusions for strategic planning purposes.
• Develop, design and produce quarterly and/or monthly reports for review by senior leadership.
• Generate all financial reports for presentation to the Board; reports are to be professionally presented (graphically enhanced) and ready to distribute.
• Provides data analysis and intelligence to support strategic planning efforts
• Researches , identifies and recommends software to manage and produce employment reports
• Maintaining the closest possible working partnership with the Executive Director and the team of financial analysts to ensure that the financial and operational information prepared meets the customer’s needs by utilizing the most up-to-date technology.
• Maintaining the closest possible working partnership with administrative and academic department heads to ensure the accuracy, understandability and utility of financial and operations information.
• Making oral presentations of new business applications to various senior management groups as they become available.
• Provide training to users of the business intelligence system.
• Responsible for identifying the need for more internal information systems as well as developing and implementing these solutions.
• Evaluate and recommend on the acquisition and implementation of vendor software to assist in functions such as market, contract and executive information systems analyses.
• Participate in initiative to enhance and/or overhaul the current budget and financial database used within Budget & Planning; design new systems/applications or upgrading existing systems/applications, as needed, according to the changing needs of the Department
• Serve as liaison with local and central information technology units to ensure compliance with University standards, as well as the use of proven state of the art technology and business applications.
• Implements high level plans, creates and maintains design documentation as well as data and process models.
• Performance, at the highest professional level, of other duties assigned by the Executive Director for Budget & Planning
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Computer Information Systems, or a related field with a concentration in business and finance and/or information systems; A minimum of 5 years expertise in the areas of general business administration, accounting and information management, particularly in relation to business development; demonstrated excellence in the development and implementation of new programs that involve data analysis and project management; strong communication skills to convey complex business information in written, verbal, and graphical modes to a variety of audiences. Must have excellent desktop publishing skills and ability to create databases in Essebase or Access.Review of resumes will continue until a successful candidate has been identified. Position # 040924.
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical and dental benefits, tuition remission, vacation, paid holidays and much more. The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
|The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.|
|Search again||View job cart|
University of Miami Job Agent
If you do not find a position that matches your experience, please fill out our Job Agent profile. If we post a position matching your skills you can be notified immediately via email. Click here to register. If you have already registered, please log in below.