|Tell a Friend||Save to job cart||Apply online|
The University of Miami is committed to educating and nurturing students, creating knowledge, and providing service to our community and beyond. We are leaders in the area of education, scholarship, intercollegiate athletics and service. Come join our team!
This is a casual/temporary position as a CAMP COUNSELOR for the Mini Canes Recreational Sports Camp that runs from June 10, 2013 - August 2, 2013.
Hiring Hourly Range: starting salary $9.40 an hour, commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Work Schedule: Monday thru Friday from estimated at 8:15 a.m. to 4:15 p.m.
Basic Responsibilities: Counselors are responsible for the safe and enjoyable participation of campers in all activities. Counselors should act as positive role models and be enthusiastic and supportive of the instructors and camp administrative staff at all times. Counselors are expected to maintain open lines of communication with summer camp staff and work in a cooperative manner with other counselors in fulfilling roles and duties.
1. Model good-sportsmanship in sports-related activities through enthusiastic, non-competitive participation and support.
2. Helping other instructors and counselors to maintain discipline during each activity.
3. Assist in Arts and Crafts through participation or working with small groups upon request of instructor. Assist with clean up and discipline.
4. Administer discipline according to University of Miami Summer Camp policies.
5. Responsible for supervision, performance, discipline, and evaluation of program aides.
6. Supervise group in locker room before and after swimming and assist in dressing and showering before entering the pool area.
7. Aid in the supervision of drop-off and pick-up according to group schedule.
8. Leading group from one activity to another in an orderly manner.
9. Instruct and supervise all campers time with fun and creative activities. Prepare daily lesson plans, equipment lists and plans for rain.
10. Keep accurate attendance records, incident and accident reports. Report them immediately to the Operation Director for Administration.
11. Supervise lunch as well as snack activities and ensure cleanliness of area.
12. Interact and discuss child’s participation, performance, and behavior with parents in a professional manner and on a weekly basis as necessary.
13. Be available during the entire camp day, 8:15 a.m. - 4:15 p.m. (Counselors may not attend class during these hours) and entire camp June 10 through August 2. Must attend staff training on Saturday, June 8, which is mandatory, no exceptions.
14. Attend a weekly counselor meeting.
15. Maintain the cleanliness and organization of camp storage room.
16. Participate in theme days, special events, carnivals, and “Friday Extravaganza”.
17. Participate and assist in the coordination of daily morning warm-up exercises.
18. Other duties as assigned.
Requirements: Must have completed one year of college. Previous camp experience preferred. CPR certification mandatory at time of camp, our department will provide re-certification. Once hired must complete criminal background check, drug test, and fingerprinting through University of Miami. Review of resumes will continue until a successful candidate has been identified. Position #276107.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
|The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.|
|Search again||View job cart|
University of Miami Job Agent
If you do not find a position that matches your experience, please fill out our Job Agent profile. If we post a position matching your skills you can be notified immediately via email. Click here to register. If you have already registered, please log in below.