|Tell a Friend||Save to job cart||Apply online|
The University of Miami is committed to educating and nurturing students, creating knowledge, and providing service to our community and beyond. We are leaders in the area of education, scholarship, intercollegiate athletics and service. Come join our team!
This is a temporary position for the Mini Canes Recreational Sports Camp that runs from June 10, 2011 - August 10, 2011.
Hiring Range: starting salary $9.30 an hour, commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Basic Responsibilities: Counselors are responsible for the safe and enjoyable participation of campers in all activities. Counselors should at all time act as positive role models and be enthusiastic and supportive of the instructors and camp administrative staff. Counselors are expected to maintain open lines of communication with summer camp staff and work in a cooperative manner with other counselors in fulfilling roles and duties.
Specific responsibilities include:
1. Model good-sportsmanship in sports-related activities through enthusiastic, non-competitive participation and support.
2. Helping other instructors and counselors to maintain discipline during each activity.
3. Model all skills in Arts and Crafts, Movement, and sport instruction through participation or working with small groups upon request of instructor. Assist with clean up and discipline of campers at all times.
4. Administer discipline according to camp policies.
5. Responsible for supervision, performance, discipline and evaluation of program aides.
6. Supervise campers in locker room before and after swimming.
7. Aid in the supervision of drop-off and pick-up according to the schedule.
8. Leading group from one activity to another in an orderly manner inside and outside the facility.
9. Instruct and supervise all campers’ time with fun and creative sports activities. Prepare daily lesson plans that teach various sports and sport of the week. Make daily equipment lists and plans for rainy day activities.
10. Keep accurate attendance records, incident and accident reports. Report them immediately to the Operation Director for Administration.
11. Supervise lunch as well as snack activities and ensure cleanliness of area.
12. Interact and discuss camper’s participation, performance, and behavior with parents in a professional manner.
13. Be available for all camp sessions from June 13 through August 6, 2011 from 8:30am - 4:30pm. Mondays through Fridays. Attend training on June 9-10, 2011.
14. Attend weekly counselor meetings.
15. Maintain the cleanliness and organization of camp storage room.
16. Participate and assist with theme days, special events, carnivals and “Friday Extravaganza.”
17. Plan a weekly special activity for your group as desired (i.e. Crazy Hat Day, Talent Show).
18. Participate and assist in the coordination of daily morning warm-up exercises.
19. Other duties as assigned.
Requirements: Applicants must be a high school graduate, plus have experience working with children. Position #276107
Excellent customer service, communication, and interpersonal skills are also required.
|The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Female/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.|
|Search again||View job cart|
University of Miami Job Agent
If you do not find a position that matches your experience, please fill out our Job Agent profile. If we post a position matching your skills you can be notified immediately via email. Click here to register. If you have already registered, please log in below.